Alafaya Post Office To Host Passport Fair Tomorrow
Alafaya Post Office, 650 N Alafaya Trail Suite 101, Orlando FL 32825 is holding a Passport Fair on Saturday, January 30, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Appointments are not required on this day, customers are encouraged to show up early, applicants will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
U.S. citizens must present a valid passport book when entering or re-entering the United States by air.
U.S. citizens entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land borders and sea ports of entry must present a passport book, passport card or other travel documents approved by the U.S. government.
To obtain a passport applicants need to:
- Bring proper proof of American citizenship. This must be either a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; a previous U.S. passport; a certificate of citizenship; or a naturalization certificate. (Please note: a hospital-issued birth certificate alone is not acceptable.)
- Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
- Bring a photocopy of proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a photocopy of the front and back of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
- The passport application requires recent color passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size). The Post Office will offer passport photo service for $15.
- To save time, customers should download the passport application travel.state.gov and complete beforehand. Do not sign the application.
- All applicants must appear in person (including minors).
- Minors under the age of 14 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
Each passport for an adult must be accompanied by a check or money order for $110, made payable to the U.S. Department of State and a $25 acceptance fee made payable to USPS. Fees for children under 16 are $80, payable to the U.S. Department of State and $25 payable to USPS.
The cost to expedite processing at the Department of State is $60 paid per application, in addition to required fees.
Customers can request to mail the passport application(s) overnight to the Department of State using Priority Mail Express offers the customer the ability to track their mailing. The cost to expedite delivery is
Customers can call 1-800-ASK-USPS, or go to the Postal Service’s Website www.usps.com, to get the location of other nearby passport Post Offices and their passport customer service hours.
Passport customers may also check the U.S. State Department’s web site at www.travel.state.gov to obtain additional information. Customers may also obtain passport information by phone, in English and Spanish, by calling the National Passport Information Center toll-free at 1-877-487-2778.by