Be A Santa For A Deserving Senior
As isolation continues to impact local seniors, Home Instead of Orlando repeats their Be a Santa to a Senior program promising another season of holiday cheer. This year the Home Instead Orlando offices will be working with Beall’s Outlets and various healthcare facilities to provide gifts to more than 500 seniors in the area.
Be A Santa to a Senior supports older adults who may be overlooked, isolated, or alone during the holiday season. This is the 18th year for the local program that gives back to older adults and reminds them they are cherished by our community. The gifts collected, which are often necessity items such as toiletries, clothing and blankets, make a big impact and help area seniors combat the holiday blues.
“We’ve all experienced feelings of loneliness during the pandemic, and seniors are at a particularly high risk for isolation,” said Debra Foscolo, owner of the three Home Instead offices serving Orlando and surrounding communities. “Be a Santa to a Senior shows the older adults in our community that they are valued and thought of during the holidays.”
How to get Involved
Individuals can visit one of the participating locations and look for the Be a Santa to a Senior tree on display through December 11. Each tree will be decorated with ornaments featuring seniors’ first names and gift suggestions. Holiday shoppers can choose an ornament, buy the requested gift, and return it unwrapped to the location with the ornament attached.
“A small act of kindness can make a big difference. And a heartfelt gift brightens the lives of older adults who may feel alone during the season,” said Foscolo. “Finding ways to care and support one another is important now more than ever and we are grateful for the community’s involvement every year.”
Be a Santa to a Senior trees can be found at the following locations:
- Allegro, 2701 Howell Branch Rd., Winter Park, FL 32792
- Beall’s Department Store, 2302 E. Semoran Blvd., Apopka, FL 32703
- Beall’s Outlet, 12413 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
- Beall’s Outlet, 6682 Eagle Watch Dr., Orlando, FL 32822
- Beall’s Outlet, 2668 E. Colonial Dr., Orlando, FL 32803
- Beall’s Outlet Ocoee, 8901 W. Colonial Dr., Orlando, FL 34761
- Beall’s Outlet Waterford, 638 N. Alafaya Trail, Orlando, FL 32828
- Beall’s Outlet Apopka, 2314 East Semoran Blvd., Apopka, FL 32703
- Beall’s Outlet Fern Park, 157 State Rd 436, Fern Park, FL 32730
- Beall’s Outlet Kissimmee, 3227 S. John Young Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Beall’s Outlet Kissimmee, 2523 Old Vineland Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Beall’s Outlet Longwood, 949 State Road 434, Longwood, FL 32750
- Beall’s Outlet St Cloud, 3431 13th St., St. Cloud, FL 34769
- CF Fitness, 7733 Turkey Lake Rd., Orlando, FL 32819
- CF Fitness, 4049 13th St., St. Cloud, FL 34769
- Home Instead Senior Care, 3655 Maguire Blvd., Orlando, FL 32803
- Inspired Living, 1061 Tomyn Blvd., Ocoee, FL 34761
- Kindred at Home, 4776 New Broad St., #110, Baldwin Park, FL 32814
- Shaffer Animal Hospital, 1475 E. Mitchell Hammock Rd., Oviedo, FL 32765
- Sonata West, 420 Roper Rd., Winter Garden, FL 34787
- Strive Senior Living, 7255 Strive Place, Fern Park, FL 32730
Gifts will be delivered to seniors in time for the holidays. Shoppers are encouraged to purchase as many gifts for seniors as they would like. If you have a passion for giving back and helping seniors, visit https://www.homeinstead.com/home-care-jobs to learn more about becoming a CAREGiver. From personal care and companionship to transportation and meal preparation, compassionate CAREGivers allow seniors to remain in their homes.
For more information about the program, visit BeaSantatoaSenior.com.