Hurricane Irma Winter Park Update
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER (EOC)
- The city’s Emergency Operations Center remains at Level 1 – Full Activation.
- The EOC non-emergency information line 407-599-3494 and email email@example.com is fully staffed to answer hurricane-related questions or concerns. If it is an emergency, please call 911.
ORANGE COUNTY CURFEW
- Orange County’s mandatory countywide curfew is still in effect until 6 p.m. today.
- There are approximately 9,000 customers out of power.
- Crews are currently assessing damage and starting restoration efforts.
- Please report any new power outages to 1-877-811-8700.
- There are approximately 13 various water failures, however, there are no boil water alerts at this time.
- Report all water outages to 407-599-3219.
- We have 113 roads that are completely or partially impassible due to trees and/or flooding.
- Crews are already in the field and have begun clearing roads.
- Approximately 172 trees/limbs have been reported down, however, we expect that number to rise as we continue assessment.
- Do not attempt to navigate flooded roadways or clear wires or trees that are in public rights of way.
- City crews have mobilized to address these issues.
- There is wind and tree damage to many structures around the city. We will be assessing those beginning Tuesday, September 12, and throughout the week.
- To report any building structure damage, please contact Building & Permitting Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TREE DEBRIS PICK UP
- LARGE TREE DEBRIS, BUNDLED DEBRIS AND PILE PICK UPS
- The city has contracted with a private debris management company to pick up large tree debris, bundled debris and piles.
- This schedule of pick up will determined Tuesday, September 12, after assessing the amount of debris.
- Please place the debris piles at the curb in the public right of way.
- YARD WASTE, RECYCLING & CANNED OR BAGGED DEBRIS
- WastePro® will make several passes to pick up household trash, recycling and canned or bagged debris. They will not be able to pick everything up on the first pass, but will continue to make rounds on your regularly scheduled pick up days.
- PICK UP SCHEDULE
- Tuesday, September 12: Regular household trash and recycling
- Wednesday, September 13: Small tree debris that can fit in cans and bags
- Thursday, September 14: Regular household trash and recycling
- Friday, September 15: Regular household trash and recycling
- Please be patient with the debris pick up process. There is a tremendous amount of debris throughout our city and may take weeks to accomplish.
CITY HALL INFO
- All City of Winter Park government offices will be open, Tuesday, September 12.
- The Monday, September 11 City Commission meeting has been cancelled. The first public hearing for the Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Budget will be held Friday, September 15, at 5 p.m., in City Hall Commission Chambers. All other agenda items will be on the City Commission’s regularly scheduled meeting Monday, September 25.
- Website cityofwinterpark.org
- citEnews > cityofwinterpark.org/citEnews receive city info via email
- Facebook® cityofwinterpark.org/facebook (@winterparkfla)
- Twitter® cityofwinterpark.org/twitter (@winterparkfla)
- Nextdoor® > sign up at nextdoor.com